To apply under NOC-2123 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Agricultural representatives, consultants.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Agricultural representatives, consultants perform some or all of the following duties:
- Provide counselling and advisory services to farmers on crop cultivation and fertilization, harvesting, animal and poultry care, disease prevention, farm management, farm financing, marketing and other agricultural subjects
- Prepare and conduct advisory information sessions and lectures for farmers and other groups
- Conduct research, analyze agricultural data and prepare research reports
- Liaise with researchers, educators and government or business managers on matters pertaining to farming and agriculture
- Maintain records of services provided and the effects of advice given.
Agricultural representatives, consultants and specialists may specialize in specific aspects of agriculture such as animal science, field crops, horticulture, soil science, irrigation or drainage, farm management, marketing, agricultural economics, land use, and environmental management, appraisal or extension and education.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Survey interviewers and statistical clerks.
NOC 2123 – Agricultural representatives, consultants: example titles.
- acreage-quota assignment officer
- agricultural advisor
- agricultural consultant
- agricultural extension supervisor
- agricultural livestock specialist
- agricultural representative
- agricultural soil and crop specialist
- agricultural specialist
- consulting agrologist
- crop specialist
- demonstrator, Department of Agriculture
- district agricultural specialist
- district agronomist
- district representative, government agricultural service
- extension service agronomist
- farm management consultant
- farming consultant
- field service adviser – agriculture
- field service agent – agriculture
- government agricultural service district representative
- growers’ advisor
- irrigation consultant – agriculture
- livestock specialist
- P.Ag. (professional agrologist)
- professional agrologist (P.Ag.)
- representative, government agricultural service
- soil conservationist
- soil fertility expert
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in agriculture or in a related science is required.
- Membership or eligibility for membership in a provincial institute of agrology is usually required.
- In Quebec, membership in the Ordre professionnel des agronomes is mandatory.
- Progression to management positions is possible with experience.
- Agricultural engineers (in 2148 Other professional engineers, n.e.c.)
- Agrology technologists and technicians (in 2221 Biological technologists and technicians)
- Biologists and related scientists (2121)
- Landscape and horticulture technicians and specialists (2225)
- Managers of agricultural extension and consulting services (in 0212 Architecture and science managers)
- Managers responsible for agricultural economic policy (in 0412 Government managers – economic analysis, policy development and program administration)
Back to Find your NOC