NOC 1524 – Purchasing and inventory control workers
To apply under NOC-1524 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Purchasing and inventory control workers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Purchasing and inventory control workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Review requisition orders for accuracy and verify that materials, equipment and stock are not available from current inventories
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Calculate cost of orders and charge or forward invoices to appropriate accounts
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists.
Inventory control workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Monitor inventory levels as materials, equipment and stock are issued, transferred within an establishment or sold to the public using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual or computerized inventory systems
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish materials, equipment and stock
- Maintain stock rotation and dispose of and account for outdated stock
- Enter data for production scheduling, stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Purchasing and inventory control workers.
NOC 1524 – Purchasing and inventory control workers: example titles.
- equipment inventory clerk
- food and beverage control clerk – inventory
- food controller – inventory
- inventory analyst
- inventory auditor
- inventory clerk
- inventory control clerk
- inventory planner
- invoice and purchase order checker
- invoice control clerk
- liquor controller – inventory
- permanent inventory clerk
- printing plates order clerk
- procurement clerk
- purchase order clerk
- purchasing clerk
- purchasing clerk assistant
- purchasing control clerk
- ship supply clerk
- supply clerk
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Courses in purchasing management may be required for purchasing clerks.
- Courses in production and inventory management and ability to operate a computerized inventory system may be required for inventory clerks.
- The duties of purchasing and inventory clerks may overlap in some establishments.
- Progression to supervisory positions or more senior occupations such as purchasing agent or retail buyer is possible with additional training or experience.
- Purchasing agents and officers (1225)
- Retail and wholesale buyers (6222)
- Storekeepers and partspersons (1522)
- Supervisors of purchasing and inventory clerks (in 1215 Supervisors, supply chain, tracking and scheduling co-ordination occupations)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com