NOC 1511 – Mail, postal and related workers
To apply under NOC-1511 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Mail, postal and related workers.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Mail, postal and related workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Postal workers calculate and affix the correct postage on letters, parcels and registered mail and receive payment from customers; sell stamps, prepaid mail and courier envelopes and money orders; route mail to the proper delivery stream; sign or obtain signatures from recipients for registered or special delivery mail and keep records; answer inquiries and complete forms regarding change of address, theft or loss of mail; and record and balance daily transactions.
- Mail sorters sort mail according to destination; bundle, label, bag and route sorted mail to the proper delivery stream; and search directories to find the correct address for redirected mail.
- Mailroom clerks receive, process, sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, messages and courier packages manually or electronically; maintain address databases and produce personalized mailings; print and photocopy material, and address and stuff envelopes; weigh outgoing mail, calculate and affix proper postage, and bundle by postal code; and may operate and maintain print shop and mailing house equipment.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Mail, postal and related workers.
NOC 1511 – Mail, postal and related workers: example titles.
- addressing machine operator – mail and postal services
- address-labelling machine tender
- address-plate inserter
- bursting machine tender
- bus parcel express clerk
- counter clerk – mail and postal services
- envelope-sealing and envelope-imprinting machine tender
- express mail service clerk
- express service clerk – railway
- inserting machine tender – mail and postal services
- letter sorting clerk
- lost parcel post search clerk
- lost postal package search clerk
- mail clerk
- mail clerk – railway transport
- mail counter clerk
- mail distribution clerk
- mail filing clerk
- mail handler
- mail processing clerk
- mail room assistant
- mail room clerk
- mail sorter
- mail tracing clerk
- mailing machine operator
- mail-sorting system operator
- management services clerk – mail and postal services
- messenger service representative
- parcel post clerk
- post office clerk
- postal clerk
- postal counter clerk
- postal services wicket clerk
- postal wicket clerk
- railway mail clerk
- railway station mail clerk
- registered mail clerk
- routing clerk
- shipping clerk – railway transport
- sorting and routing clerk
- stamp-cancelling machine tender – postal services
- sub-post office clerk
- wicket clerk – mail and postal services
- Completion of secondary school and some college office administration courses may be required.
- Progression to supervisory or facility management positions is possible with additional training or experience.
- Couriers, messengers and door-to-door distributors (1513)
- Letter carriers (1512)
- Supervisors, mail and message distribution occupations (1214)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com