NOC 1312 – Insurance adjusters and claims examiners
To apply under NOC-1312 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Insurance adjusters and claims examiners.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Insurance adjusters and claims examiners perform some or all of the following duties:
- Investigate circumstances surrounding insurance claims to determine validity of claim
- Inspect automobile, home or other property damage
- Take statements and consult with claimants, accident witnesses, doctors and other relevant individuals and examine records or reports
- Determine amount of loss or damages covered by insurance policies
- Negotiate settlement of claims
- Prepare adjustment reports.
- Insurance claims examiners perform some or all of the following duties:
- Review, examine, calculate and authorize insurance claims investigated by insurance adjusters
- Examine adjusters’ reports and similar insurance claims or precedents to determine extent of insurance coverage
- Ensure claims are valid and settlements are made according to company practices and procedures
- Consult lawyers, doctors or other relevant individuals to discuss insurance claims
- Approve automobile, fire, life, disability, dental or other insurance claims.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Insurance adjusters and claims examiners.
NOC 1312 – Insurance adjusters and claims examiners: example titles.
- adjuster – insurance
- adjuster trainee – insurance
- automobile claims technical adjuster
- casualty insurance adjuster
- claims adjuster – insurance
- claims approver – insurance
- claims consultant
- claims examiner
- claims examiner – insurance
- claims investigator
- claims investigator – insurance
- claims representative
- claims representative – insurance
- disability claims examiner – insurance
- disaster relief claims adjuster – insurance
- field adjuster – insurance
- fire insurance adjuster
- freight adjuster – insurance
- group life claims examiner – insurance
- health and dental claims examiner – insurance
- insurance adjuster
- insurance inspector
- liability adjuster – insurance
- loss examiner – insurance
- marine claims adjuster – insurance
- marine insurance adjuster
- medical claims assessor – insurance
- motor vehicle claims adjuster – insurance
- property adjuster – insurance
- public adjuster – insurance
- railroad claims adjuster – insurance
- settlement management associate
- settlement specialist
- staff adjuster – insurance
- telephone adjuster – insurance
- trainee adjuster – insurance
- workers’ compensation adjuster – insurance
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- A bachelor’s degree, college diploma or some post-secondary education or Several years of experience as a clerk in the claims department or other general insurance experience are required.
- Several years of on-the-job training and completion of insurance industry courses and training programs are required.
- Independent adjusters require a provincial licence issued by the Superintendent of Insurance in the province or territory of employment.
- Completion of educational programs through the Insurance Institute of Canada or its provincial counterparts entitles insurance adjusters and claims examiners to professional recognition as a Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP), and with additional university courses, as a Fellow Chartered Insurance Professional (FCIP).
- Supervisors, finance and insurance office workers (1212)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com