NOC 1252 – Health information management occupations
To apply under NOC-1252 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Health information management occupations.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Health information management occupations perform some or all of the following duties:
- Classify and code diseases according to an established classification system
- Collect, code, cross-reference and store health records and related information
- Abstract, assemble and analyze clinical data and related demographic information from health records according to established policies and procedures
- Operate information systems to maintain indexes for classification systems and to manage and retrieve health records information
- Prepare medical, social and administrative statistics
- May supervise other health information management technicians and related workers.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Health information management occupations.
NOC 1252 – Health information management occupations: example titles.
- classifier, health records
- health information management coder
- health information management practitioner
- health information management professional
- health information management supervisor
- health information management technician
- health records classifier
- health records management coder
- health records management supervisor
- health records technician
- medical records supervisor
- medical records technician
- medical records technicians supervisor
- medical records unit supervisor
- supervisor, medical records technicians
- supervisor, medical records unit
- technician, medical records
- Health information management technicians and related workers require completion of a recognized two year college diploma program in health record technology or health information management.
- Health information management technicians and related workers are eligible to write the Canadian Health Information Management Association national certification examination which may be required by employers.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Progression to management positions is possible with additional training and experience.
- Health information management consultants (in 1122 Professional occupations in business management consulting)
- Health records administrators (in 0114 Other administrative services managers)
- Health records clerks (in 1411 General office support workers)
- Records management technicians (1253)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com