NOC 1251 – Court reporters, medical transcriptionists
To apply under NOC-1251 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Court reporters, medical transcriptionists.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Court reporters, medical transcriptionists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Record verbatim proceedings of courtroom using electronic stenograph machine or stenomask
- Respond to requests during court sessions to read back verbatim evidence
- Transcribe recorded proceedings in accordance with established formats
- Verify accuracy of transcripts by checking copy against original record of proceedings and accuracy of rulings by checking with judge
- Research and locate quotes to ensure accuracy
- Respond to requests for transcripts ordered by judges, lawyers or the public
- File and store shorthand notes of court session.
Medical transcriptionists perform some or all of the following duties:
- Transcribe recorded dictation in accordance with established formats or written documentation from medical reports, correspondence, health records and patient information
- Proofread work for typographical and grammatical errors
- Edit transcripts for missing or incorrect content and formatting.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Court reporters, medical transcriptionists.
NOC 1251 – Court reporters, medical transcriptionists: example titles.
- braille transcriber
- braille volumes transcriber
- closed captioner
- court monitor
- court recorder
- court reporter
- court stenographer
- Hansard reporter
- media transcriber
- media transcriptionist
- medical dictatypist
- medical transcriptionist
- stenotype operator
- Court reporters require completion of secondary school and usually require completion of a college or other program in court reporting. They may also require the Chartered Shorthand Reporter (CSR) certificate.
- Medical transcriptionists require completion of secondary school and usually require completion of a recognized medical transcription program. They may also require the Certified Medical Transcriptionist (CMT) certificate.
- There is some mobility between occupations in this unit group and other occupations requiring similar knowledge of legal or medical terminology, such as legal or medical administrative positions.
- Legal administrative assistants (1242)
- Medical administrative assistants (1243)
Back to Find your NOC
Your First Step to Successful Immigration to
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com