NOC 1226 – Conference and event planners
To apply under NOC-1226 National Occupation Classification you must follow the roles and responsibilities of Conference and event planners.
Required roles and responsibilities:-
Conference and event planners perform some or all of the following duties:
- Meet with trade and professional associations and other groups to promote and discuss conference, convention and trade show services
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets and to review administrative procedures and progress of events
- Co-ordinate services for events, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, conference and other facilities, catering, signage, displays, translation, special needs requirements, audio-visual equipment, printing and security
- Organize registration of participants, prepare programs and promotional material, and publicize events
- Plan entertainment and social gatherings for participants
- Hire, train and supervise support staff required for events
- Ensure compliance with required by-laws
- Negotiate contracts for services, approve suppliers’ invoices, maintain financial records, review final billing submitted to clients for events and prepare reports.
You can also see the required titles to apply as a Conference and event planners.
NOC 1226 – Conference and event planners: example titles.
- conference and meeting planner
- conference co-ordinator
- conference organizer
- conference planner
- conference services officer
- convention and special events planner
- convention co-ordinator
- convention planner
- convention planning services officer
- co-ordinator, conferences
- co-ordinator, conventions
- co-ordinator, social events
- co-ordinator, special events
- event co-ordinator
- event planner
- exhibition co-ordinator
- festival organizer
- meeting co-ordinator
- meeting planner
- organizer, special events
- planner, conventions and special events
- planner, special events
- program planner, special events
- social events co-ordinator
- special events co-ordinator
- special events organizer
- special events planner
- special events program planner
- trade show organizer
- trade show planner
- A university degree or college diploma in business, tourism or hospitality administration is usually required.
- Several years of experience in hospitality or tourism administration or in public relations are usually required and may substitute for formal education requirements.
- Certification relating to special events, meetings or conference management may be required.
- Administrative officers (1221)
- Executive assistants (1222)
- Professional occupations in advertising, marketing and public relations (1123)
- Sales and account representatives – wholesale trade (non-technical) (6411)
Back to Find your NOC
Copyright © 2018, Vmake Visas Pvt Ltd. All rights reserved. |
Designed By: www.makevisas.com